An estimated 640,000 Kentuckians are uninsured as of 2013, or 14.9% of the state’s population. kynect is a program run by the Office of the Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange within the Cabinet for Health and Family Services. Federal law requires each state to have an online health insurance marketplace, beginning in Fall 2013, to ensure that all Americans have access to quality healthcare. kynect makes it easier for individuals and employees of small businesses to shop for health insurance based on price and quality. Governor Steve Beshear issued an executive order to create a state-based health benefit marketplace to best meet the needs of Kentuckians. kynect, like other states’ health benefit marketplaces, will provide simple, one-stop shopping for individuals and small businesses to purchase health insurance. kynect will also check eligibility for payment assistance and tax credits, as well as Medicaid and KCHIP.
Open enrollment begins October 1, 2013, and runs through March 31, 2014. Coverage begins as soon as January 1, 2014.
It is realized that many may not have internet access to visit kynect.ky.gov and/or may have lots of questions regarding the changes and how to apply, so the state has trained kynect counsleors throughout the state to help walk you through the process. PrimaryPlus and its locations throughout the Buffalo Trace region have several kynect counselors on their staff to help the citizens of our local communities understand these changes and to find out if they qualify. Please Note: You DO NOT have to be a patient of PrimaryPlus to use the kynect counselors—this is open to anyone that is a citizen of Kentucky.
Below are several outlets to help you get connected…
- Visit kynect.ky.gov
- PrimaryPlus kynector counselors are available throughout our sites
BROOKE PERKINS, kynector counselor (Maysville & Bracken)
- PrimaryPlus-Maysville (927 Kenton Station Dr.)
- Brooke is available for appointments on Monday, Tuesday & Friday. Make an appointment by calling: 606-759-0433 OR email: email@example.com
- PrimaryPlus-Bracken (1551 Augusta-Chatham Rd.)
- Brooke is available for appointments on Wednesday & Thursday. Make an appointment by calling: 606-756-2117 OR email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LISA PURDON, kynector counselor (Flemingsburg & Tollesboro)
- PrimaryPlus-Flemingsburg (520 Elizaville Rd)
- Lisa is available for appointments on Monday, Tuesday & Friday. Make an appointment by calling: 606-845-0028 OR email: email@example.com
- PrimaryPlus-Tollesboro (17521 W. KY 9)
- Lisa is available for appointments on Wednesday & Thursday. Make an appointment by calling: 606-798-3151 OR email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LINDA MOORE, kynector counselor (Vanceburg & South Shore)
- PrimaryPlus-Vanceburg (211 KY 59)
- Linda is available for appointments on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Make an appointment by calling: 606-796-3029 OR email: email@example.com
- PrimaryPlus-South Shore (142 Depot Dr.)
- Linda is available for appointments on Wednesday. Make an appointment by calling: 606-932-2271 OR email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Below to Read More on kynect: