Lewis County Primary Care Center, doing business as PrimaryPlus, is a Federally Qualified Health Center that serves much of the Ohio Valley region. From our beginning in 1983, PrimaryPlus has been guided by a founding mission to provide the most advanced, qualitative healthcare at the most affordable prices to our patients. With the strength of our mission statement and a team of dedicated employees, we work hard to provide our patients with the best in care!
The Mission of PrimaryPlus is to provide the highest quality of advanced, affordable healthcare. Services will be delivered to our customers/patients with enthusiasm, friendliness, honesty, personal pride and company spirit.
We honor the dignity and worth of all people.
We are guided by R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
Reverence for all life, provided in an
Enthusiastic environment in a
Spiritual, as well as
Professional atmosphere. At all times, we are
Caring, while working as a
- PrimaryPlus has grown to be in the top 5% of all medical facilities nationwide based on technology and low cost services.
- We were one of the first community health centers to have an electronic health records system (EHR) that helped to keep our patients medical records safe and secure, but also protect the environment using less paper.
- Our medical equipment includes some of the most up-to-date technology including digital x-ray, 3D/4D ultrasound, the EyePacs system and more.
- PrimaryPlus accepts most commercial insurance; Medicare; All KY Medicaid programs; OH Medicaid (CareSource & Molina) and also offers a sliding fee scale for those with an inability to pay. Our sliding fee program can provide up to a 75% discount on most PrimaryPlus services (upon application approval). Learn more about how to apply by visiting our Forms Page.
- As a Federally Qualified Health Center, PrimaryPlus pharmacies offer 340B pricing which provides a significant discount on prescription medication for our patients.
- PrimaryPlus is also a proud participant of the Kentucky Vaccines for Children Program (VFC) which provides free immunizations to children with no insurance coverage.
- Kentucky Prescription Acceptance Program is another program that PrimaryPlus participates with to help pass along healthcare savings (learn more by visiting our Affordable Care Plan page)
- PrimaryPlus offices offer a comprehensive list of services including family health, women’s health, dental, pharmacy, x-ray/ultrasound, minor emergency care, wellness/occupational medicine, counseling and more.
- PrimaryPlus is proud to be working towards becoming an accredited Patient Centered Medical Home for all of its locations. A Medical Home is where a team of healthcare professionals work together to provide a new expanded type of care to patients. Being part of a medical home feels like having an “old -fashioned” family doctor experience, but with a team of medical professionals using advanced knowledge and modern technology to provide the best possible care for you. The care in a medical home has a very personal approach.
- We are excited to offer our trademarked WeCare® program at most PrimaryPlus facilities utilizing a team of Medical Providers, Case Managers, Certified Diabetes Educators, Pharmacists, Dietitians and more to give a TEAM approach to chronic disease management.
- PrimaryPlus is ALWAYS welcoming new patients…